ADMISSIONS TO P G COURSES (PGET) - 2021
Applications in the prescribed format are invited from eligible Indian citizens FOR ADMISSION TO POST GRADUATE COURSES IN ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGY AND IN PHARMACY OFFERED BY MAKAUT, WB (IN- HOUSE) AND COLLEGES AFFILIATED TO MAKAUT, WB (PGET-2021). Admission would be made through an entrance test (PGET-2021) in relevant subject for all candidates including the GATE/GPAT qualified candidates. Due weightage will be given to valid GATE/GPAT score while preparing the merit list. The admission will be through counseling, the schedule and venue for which would be advertised on the website along with the merit list in due course of time.
An Indian citizen with a relevant AICTE approved Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy/Architecture or appearing in the final year examination of such programmes or equivalent. Equivalence means the candidate should be an Associate Member of a Professional of Engineers that are recognized by the Govt. of India for the purpose of admission to higher studies in Engineering. M.Sc. or final year M.Sc. Candidates in appropriate branches are also eligible. However, degrees acquired through any distance education programme are not eligible.
- Candidates in final year will be granted provisional admission and will have to submit their final mark -sheet before a prescribed deadline or as may be fixed by the PGET Board.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PWD will be as per the state government rules.
- Decision of the PGET-2021 Committee will be final in case of any dispute regarding the whole admission process
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates shall apply in the prescribed online form which will be uploaded on the University website. The application, duly filled-up on the website and submitted on-line, is to be down-loaded and printed and kept for future reference. Hard copies of the completed forms are to be signed by the applicant and submitted along with the relevant testimonials. A payment of Rs.400.00 ( Rs. 200.00 for the SC/ ST/PwD category) is to be made online using the payment gateway.
Forms found incomplete in any respect will be rejected.
No application will be accepted unless it is registered online before the closing date notified on the website.
Candidates enlisted in the merit list will have to pay a Counseling fee of Rs. 500.00 at the time of Counseling.
All hard copies of the application form along with the documents listed below must reach the following address either by speed-post or having been dropped in the drop-box placed at the University (MAKAUT, WB) till the date notified in the website.
The PGET Board as constituted by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal, is the sole authority to conduct the examination and declare the results. As decided by the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal, admission to Post Graduate courses in Engineering/ Technology/ Pharmacy in such institutions will be as per merit list prepared through PGET followed by counselling.
MODE OF EXAMINATION
- The entrance test for Post Graduate Entrance Test (PGET-2021) will be conducted in online mode on subject wise multiple choice questions of 60 minutes duration.
- All candidates must appear in the entrance test of relevant subject.
- Eligibility of sponsored candidates: In addition to the eligibility for PGET-2021, the sponsored candidates must have one year experience in Polytechnic/Engineering College/ Industry. A certificate of sponsorship from the present employer must be submitted along with the application form.
SCANNED SELF-SIGNED PHOTO UPLOAD
Please upload a scanned copy of self-signed photo in the place provided on the online form before submitting the form or taking a print out of the application. A sample copy of a scanned self-signed photo should look like the one below:
|Sample Photo - 1||Sample Signature - 1||Sample Photo - 2||Sample Signature - 2|
ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION :
Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology
Haringhata, Nadia, Pin no. 741249, West Bengal